DIY Car Window Tinting Kits
Articles > Beware of DIY Car Window Tinting Kits
We know it can be tempting to use DIY car window tinting kits. It is a much cheaper option than having car tinting done professionally and it seems relatively easy and straightforward to do. From our experience these ‘affordable’ options usually end up costing you more in the long run and are far more complicated than you think, making DIY window tint kits not worth the risk.
For nearly 50 years Tint a Car has been supplying Australians with all their tinting needs. In addition to car window tinting and paint protection products, we also offer residential and commercial window tinting too. Our ‘No Interest Ever’ finance options make it easier than ever to afford quality tinting so there’s no need to resort to shoddy DIY options.
The Risks of DIY Car Window Tinting Kits
We get people coming to us often who have attempted to cut costs and botched their car with a DIY window tint kit, here are some of the reasons we don’t recommend DIY car window tinting kits:
- When you use DIY car window tinting kits the quality of the film is generally unknown. A poor-quality film can be extremely difficult to apply to your car windows, may not adhere very well, can impair your vision whilst driving and more than likely, it won’t be long before you start to see unsightly peeling, bubbling or flaking.
- Even with basic instructions, application may seem straightforward but it’s not as easy as you think. All of our installers go through extensive training learning all the processes and techniques that ensure the film is applied correctly.
- Unexpected costs that can quickly add up, such as tools and equipment you may require, as well as the cost of repairing any damage that may occur (we often see damage to windows as well as the car itself, especially window defrosters and window-mounted radio antennas as a result of DIY window tint kits) and the cost of removal if the application doesn’t work out.
Benefits of Professional Tinting
Our selection of high-quality, professional car window tints has been carefully designed to suit every use case. From our darkest legal tint to exclusive and cutting-edge nano-ceramic options our experts will help you find the right tint for your vehicle out of:
- Octane, the darkest legal tint available in Australia offers exceptional UV, glare and heat protection.
- Spectre, our popular and exclusive ceramic window tint available in multiple shades.
- Black Panther, is the world’s leading hybrid-matrix technology that rejects 99% of infrared and UV rays and strengthens your windows.
Our tints start at just $295 and all come with a limited lifetime warranty nationwide so you don’t have to worry about replacing them straight away like with some DIY options.
Get a Quote
Leaving window tint applications to the professionals will minimise risk and ultimately save you time and money in the long run. To get a quote for having window tint applied to your car windows, call 13 TINT now or get in touch with your nearest store.