How To Prevent Flooring From Fading
Articles > How To Prevent Flooring From Fading
Do you have beautiful hardwood floors in your home that you want to protect? If you’re worried about the sun fading your flooring, here is information on how to prevent flooring from fading with home window tinting.
Tint a Home is Australia’s most trusted window tinting network and specialises in home window tinting. We have been providing tinting services in Australia for over 42 years and offer a lifetime warranty on most of our films. Here is how to protect hardwood floors from sun damage with home window tinting:
How To Protect Hardwood Floors From Sun Damage With Window Tinting
By preventing glare and UV rays from entering your home, window tinting will help to keep your furniture and flooring looking great. This makes home window tinting a fantastic investment for your home, not just because it is a way to protect hardwood floors from sun damage but also because of all the other benefit too, depending on the type of film you choose:
- Window tinting keeps your home cooler in the summer months and cosier through winter
- You’ll notice a positive difference in your power bills!
- Your family will be protected from harmful UV rays
- Reduction in reflections on screens in your home
- Your home can help to prevent break-ins with security films that are 7 x stronger than standard films
- Your family can be kept safer with safety film that prevents the glass from shattering in the event of severe weather or accidents.
- Added privacy – you can choose films that prevent those on the outside from seeing in but still maintain natural light in your home and you don’t lose your views!
Can Sunlight Damage Hardwood Floors?
Yes, sunlight can damage hardwood floors. As with most surfaces, sunlight can damage hardwood floors with prolonged exposure to UV rays – which can cause fading and other damage like surface peeling & cracking. Glare from the sun can also cause damage.