How To Remove Car Window Tint
Articles > How to Remove Car Window Tint
Have car window tint that is cracked, peeling, bubbling, coming unstuck, looks unsightly and is causing a safety risk? Want to know how to remove car window tint? Below is information on how to remove car tint and why we recommend leaving car window tint removal to the professionals.
For almost 50 years Tint a Car has been supplying Australians with all their tinting needs. In addition to car window tinting, we also offer home and commercial window tinting too, as well as state-of-the-art Paint Protection, Paint Protection Film, Car Wraps and car care products. We have ‘No Interest Ever’ finance options available, are members of the Window Film Association of Australia and our films (exclusive to us) are sourced from the world’s largest window film supplier. Here are our tips on how to remove old tint from car windows
Professional Removal vs DIY
Our recommendation on how to remove old tint from car windows is to have it removed professionally, and here’s why:
- Removing car tint is not an easy task. It can be time-consuming with a high degree of difficulty – especially if the adhesive used on the tint is of poor quality or the application wasn’t done correctly
- Specialised tools, equipment and chemicals may be required which can be an unexpected cost that can quickly add up
- There is a greater risk of your car being damaged, especially window defrosters and window-mounted radio antennas which can be costly to repair and can also be a safety risk if left unrepaired.
By having the tint removed professionally you don’t have any hidden costs and you have peace of mind the job will be done properly, without the risk of damage. At the end of the day, when it comes to how to remove car tint, having your tint removed by those in the know, with the right equipment will save you time and money in the long run.
We have a team of experts highly experienced in car window tint removal. If you want to have a new tint applied, we can do this as well. We only ever use high-quality tints that are applied by professionally trained installers which ensures a long-lasting finish that looks great (and is much easier to remove if you want it taken off down the track!)
Replacing Car Window Tint
Once we’ve cleared up your old car tint, we offer a wide range of options for a new tint that we guarantee won’t experience the same problems as your old tint. Our options for car window tints include:
- Octane, the darkest legal tint available offers excellent UV, glare and heat protection.
- Spectre, our exclusive ceramic window tint with superior UV and heat protection.
- Black Panther, the world’s leading hybrid-matrix technology rejects 99% of infrared and UV rays whilst strengthening your windows.
Get A Quote for Car Window Tint Removal
If you have a tint that needs to be removed from your car windows or your car’s window tint needs replacing, call 13 TINT or get in touch with your nearest store to speak with your local window tinting team and get a quote.