How Does Home Window Tinting Work
Want to know how does home window tinting work? In addition to privacy, there are many benefits to having your home windows tinted. Below, we explain how home window tinting works and why it is such a great investment for your family home.
Tint a Home has been providing tinting services in Australia for over 42 years and is Australia’s most trusted window tinting network. Here is everything you need to know about home window tinting:
How Does Home Window Tinting Work?
Home window tint is made of layers of particles that reflect the sun’s UV rays and absorbs sunlight, reducing glare. This is why tinting your home windows helps to protect you and your family from the harmful effects of UV rays as well as your flooring & furnishings from fading. Because of the reduction in heat and glare, your home stays more comfortable all year round which also has a positive impact on your power bills (win!).
How Long Does Home Window Tint Last?
How long does home window tint last will depend on the environment and climate you’re in. Home tinting does last for many years and because our tints are installed by professionally trained installers you have peace of mind knowing that it will be applied in a way that ensures it lasts as long as possible – so you get the most out of your investment. We also offer a lifetime warranty for residential applications.
How To Choose Home Window Tint
There are many different window films to choose from with varying benefits. How to choose home window tint will depend on what benefits you’re after and how you would like your home to look. There are reflective films that turn your windows into a mirror, lighter shades that still offer protection but don’t alter the appearance of your home and many others to choose from. See the different film types below.
How Much Does Home Window Tint Cost
How much does home window tint cost will depend on the size of the windows, how many will be tinted and what type of tint you choose. Home tint films you can choose from include:
- A reduction in the amount of heat that enters your home
- Help to prevent premature fading of your flooring & furnishings
- Protection for you and your family from harmful UV rays
- Your home will be cooler during summer and cosier in winter
- You’ll save on your power bills
- Complete daytime privacy whilst maintaining natural light, without losing the view through your windows
- No need for blinds
- Some ‘solar’ films also keep your home cooler during the summer and warmer in winter
- Peace of mind knowing your family is safer around window & glass
- Helps hold glass together in the event of an accident or severe weather
- Helps to prevent break-ins as it slows access to your home
- Added privacy
- Protection from harmful UV rays
- Up to 10 times thicker than standard film
- Holds glass together in the event of severe weather and accidental breakage
- When hit with force, it will help keep shattered glass in place
- Helps to prevent break-ins as it slows access to the home
- Increased privacy
- Protects from the damage caused by UV rays
- Peace of mind knowing that your family and home contents are safer & more secure
- Enhancing the look of your home with a fresh new design element
- A great non-permanent solution to decorate kids rooms
- Creates privacy between spaces
- Can act as a divider
Get a Quote For Home Window Tinting
Use our Store Finder to find your nearest store or call 13 TINT to speak with the home window tinting experts. Your local experts or our customer service team will be able to answer any questions you have about tinting your home’s windows.